THE VIRTUAL LEGAL SUMMITAugust 12, 2020
Welcome to The Virtual Legal Summit
With physical events set to remain on hold for some time yet, we are hosting a series of virtual Legal Summits to continue to offer the education and networking components of our in-person events.
The Legal Summit is an educational and virtual networking forum focused on the unique needs of legal meeting professionals. Due to today’s climate, we bring colleagues and partners together virtually to advance professionals in our industry.
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
11:30am – 11:40am
The Legal Summit Overview and Introduction into our Educational Content
11:40am – 12:25pm
An Introduction into Virtual Conference Platforms
- Description: Adam Briggs is the Senior VP of Operations at ConferenceDirect and oversees our Virtual Conference Department. Adam will be doing an introductory overview of Virtual Meetings and will be here to answer any questions you have on our platform as well as others that you may be using or have under consideration.
12:25pm – 2:00pm
Senior-Level Event Planner “Best Practices” Discussion
Content: Panelists from the following firms will be sharing their Best Practices for the evolving landscape of meetings during COVID-19:
- Dawn Christie – Global Head of Events @ Freshfields (London);
- Anne-Marie d’Alessandro – Assistant Director, Conference Services and Events @ Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (New York);
- Susan W. Schwedock – Director, National Events @ Cozen O'Connor P.C. (Philadelphia);
- Meghan Schilt – Associate Director of Events @ King & Spalding (Atlanta);
- Karlene Mulcahey Blake – Director, Event Planning @ Goodwin (Boston);
- Krista McConnaughey Sumongkol - Senior Manager Events @ Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP (DC)
2:00pm – 2:30pm
Attendee-Selected One-On-One Networking Appointments
- Content: Attendees have the option to pre-book one-on-one appointments with other attendees on this virtual conference platform. Attendees may also make one-on-one appointments with other attendees as the virtual conference is in session. This is your networking opportunity in lieu of being able to meet face-to-face.
The Legal Summit Senior-Level Event Planner Panel
Karlene Mulcahey Blake
Director, Event Planning
Susan W. Schwedock
Director, National Events
Cozen O’Connor P.C.
Assistant Director, Conference Services and Events
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
Krista McConnaughey Sumongkol
Senior Manager Events
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Global Head of Events
Meghan Schilt, CMP
Associate Director of Events
King & Spalding
If you are interested in attending or would like to become a host or sponsor, we want to hear from you.