The History of the Legal Summit
The Legal Summit was formed in 2014 by a group of legal meeting professionals committed to advancing educational and networking opportunities available to their industry. The first official event was held in January 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Century City in Los Angeles, CA and was guided by the following members of the Industry Advisory Council:
- Latham & Watkins, LLP.
- Ogletree Deakins, LLP.
- Paul Hastings, LLP.
- Perkins Coie, LLP.
The organization grew from a need for members of the legal meetings industry to be able to meet with colleagues who are in the same field and experiencing the same meeting-related issues. Our panel wanted to be able to have an event solely designed for their market niche with education focused on their needs and relativity.
The Legal Summit is an educational and networking forum focused on the unique needs of legal meeting professionals. Founded in 2014, we bring colleagues and partners together at in-person experiences to advance professionals in our industry.
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
11:30am – 11:40am
The Legal Summit Overview and Introduction into our Educational Content
11:40am – 12:25pm
An Introduction into Virtual Conference Platforms
- Description: Adam Briggs is the Senior VP of Operations at ConferenceDirect and oversees our Virtual Conference Department. Adam will be doing an introductory overview of Virtual Meetings and will be here to answer any questions you have on our platform as well as others that you may be using or have under consideration.
12:25pm – 2:00pm
Senior-Level Event Planner “Best Practices” Discussion
Content: Panelists from the following firms will be sharing their Best Practices for the evolving landscape of meetings during COVID-19:
- Dawn Christie – Global Head of Events @ Freshfields (London);
- Anne-Marie d’Alessandro – Assistant Director, Conference Services and Events @ Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (New York);
- Susan W. Schwedock – Director, National Events @ Cozen O'Connor P.C. (Philadelphia);
- Meghan Schilt – Associate Director of Events @ King & Spalding (Atlanta);
- Karlene Mulcahey Blake – Director, Event Planning @ Goodwin (Boston);
- Krista McConnaughey Sumongkol - Senior Manager Events @ Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP (DC)
2:00pm – 2:30pm
Attendee-Selected One-On-One Networking Appointments
- Content: Attendees have the option to pre-book one-on-one appointments with other attendees on this virtual conference platform. Attendees may also make one-on-one appointments with other attendees as the virtual conference is in session. This is your networking opportunity in lieu of being able to meet face-to-face.
If you are interested in attending or would like to become a host or sponsor, we want to hear from you.
Thanks to our sponsors for making this event so incredible!